CB Flooring, LLC was started in 1997 by Chuck and Carol Bode and is a private, locally owned and operated company headquartered in Columbia, Maryland. The Company is active in several different market segments of the flooring industry. By far, the largest sector is our Commercial Division, which performs extremely large and complex projects for both general contractors and end users. Health Care, Education, Corporate Tenant fit-outs such as law firms, Government, Multi-Family Apartment projects are just a few examples of the types of work that we handle.
Additionally, CB Flooring has a separate Housing Division devoted to the new residential “for sale” home builder business, including single family, townhouse and condominiums.
Trading under the “Bode Floors” name, we also have 2 retail showrooms that cater to the buying public in Columbia and Ellicott City.
Employing over 110 full time people and with annual sales in excess of 70 million dollars, our corporate office and warehouse of 60,000 s/ft is centrally located in Columbia, Maryland. We also have commercial offices in Chantilly, Virginia and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Financially solid, with a virtually unlimited bonding capacity for large projects, we have access to an extremely large and productive installation force.
There is no project too large or too small for Team CB to handle!
The 50,000 Foot View
- Established in 1997
- The largest flooring contractor in the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Over $70 million in annual revenue
- Bonding capacity of over $15 million
- Commercial offices, tenant fit out
- Healthcare facilities
- Apartments, condominiums
- New single family homes (detached and townhomes)
- High profile, time sensitive, demanding projects
- Carpet, hardwood, resilient, ceramic
Project Management and Service Capabilities are as follows:
- Pre-project consultation (site analysis; Code & Regulation compliance; product & installation specifications)
- Material quantity estimation (waste minimization; attic stock consideration)
- Proposal creation (clearly indicates what materials and services are offered at what price)
- Material ordering (includes floor covering and all sundries)
- Coordinating/tracking material shipments from all involved suppliers
- Scheduling required labor for each product type involved
- Floor Preparation (moisture testing & moisture remediation services; floor leveling)
- Reclamation Service on Renovation Projects
- Attention to any post project punch list
- Billing of the client
- Addressing of tax issues
- Project insurance
- Project close out documents (Ensuring warranties are issued)
- Timely communication (with end-user/client; with various project mfgs)
- Comprehensive Single Source of Account & Project Responsibility (before, during and after each project completion)
- Advocate for the end-user to resolve any Manufacturing complaint
- Offering of Maintenance Programs to extend useful life of finished flooring
Trade Organizations we are apart of:
ABC of Metropolitan Washington
ABC Baltimore Metro Chapter
Home Builders Association of Maryland
Howard County Chamber of Commerce
Mid Atlantic Floor Covering Association
NWFA (National Wood Flooring Association)
NTCA (National Tile Contractors Association)
World Floor Covering Association